Yii [Yes It Is]
Yii is an Open source, Component based PHP framework used for web application development. It means Simple and evolutionary. This PHP framework is suitable for developing applications like Content Management Systems,e-commerce,forums, and so on.
Two major versions are available for Yii framework: 1.1 and 2.0. Yii 1.1 version is released in 2010. The community then launch Yii 2.0 to fix architectural shortcomings with new PHP version in May 2011. Latest version of Yii 2 is 2.0.16 and released on January 2019.
- Follow M-V-C pattern
- Yii supports data caching,page caching,fragment caching.
- security feature to prevents Cross Site Scripting (CSS), Cross Site Request Forgery(CSRF) and cookie tampering.
- Automatic code generation for CRUD application using Gii.
- Supports error handling and logging.
- Yii framework is extremely extensible.
- High performance.